Following are top 10 tallest and greatest waterfalls which are really amazing with spectacular view. Millions of tons of water simply flows down and finally become part of river. These waterfalls due to their beauty fetch great audiences from across the world. Although, you can see waterfalls in almost all the hilly regions but these are truly best amongst all.
1. Gullfoss, Iceland: Gullfoss waterfall which is also known as “Golden Falls” is a splendid 32 meter high double waterfall on the White River (Hvítá). Being one of the most attractive tourist destination & largest in entire Europe, Gullfoss waterfall offers spectacular view especially in summers when the rain water and glacial runoff falls into river Hvita. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Iceland.
2. Jog Falls, India: Situated on top of river Sharavathi, Jog Falls is the highest waterfall in India. Jog Falls fall from a height of 253 meters which is approximately 829 feet. It becomes visible only in Monsoon season and exceeds even Kaiteus Falls in terms of height and volume. Apart from rainy season you can see very little water fall.
3. Niagara Falls, Canada/USA: Niagara waterfalls attract more than 14 million visitors every year. Niagara Falls is one of the most popular waterfalls in the world. Niagara Falls is actually three different falls, the American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls and Horseshoe Falls. Horseshoe Falls is located on the Canadian side while the other are located in New York. With more than 14 million visitors each year it is one of the most visited tourist attraction in the world.
4. Huangguoshu, China: Huangguoshu waterfall is also known as Yellow Fruit Tree Waterfall , is one of the largest waterfalls in China and Asia located on the Baihe River Anshun, Guizhou Province. It is 77.8 m (255 ft) high and 101 m (330 ft) wide. The main waterfall is 67 m (220 ft) high and 83.3 m (273 ft) wide.
5. Blue Nile Falls, Ethiopia: Situated on Blue Nile river in Ethiopia, Blue Nile waterfall is also known as Tis Issat (”smoking water”) in Amharic. Nowadays, most of it’s water if diverted to power projects still it offers one of the most sought after waterfall view in entire Ethiopia which attracts huge visitors.
6. Victoria Falls, Zambia/Zimbabwe: The Victoria Falls also known as “Mosi-oa-Tunya” meaning “The Smoke That Thunders” is located on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia. Victoria Falls is often called the largest waterfall in the world, although it is neither the highest nor the widest. It has a width of 1.7 kilometers (1 miles) and height of 108 meters (360 ft), roughly twice the height of North America’s Niagara Falls. In combined height and width Victoria Falls is rivaled only by South America’s Iguazu Falls.
7. Detian Falls, China/Vietnam: The Detian Falls is situated on the border between China and Vietnam. It is, in fact, the fourth largest cross-border falls in the world after Niagara, Victoria and Iguazu. Due to the various border conflicts between the two countries the area has only recently been opened to tourism.
8. Kaieteur Falls, Guyana: Kaieteur Falls is located on the Potaro River in the centre of Guyana’s rainforest. It is one of the most powerful waterfalls in the world, averaging 663 cubic meters per second (23,400 cubic feet per second). With a free fall height of 226 meters (741 feet) it is about five times higher than Niagara Falls and about two times the height of the Victoria Falls. While there are many higher falls, few have the combination of height and water volume.
9. Iguazu Falls, Brazil/Argentina: The greatest amongst all the waterfalls in the world, Iguazu falls system consists of 275 falls along the Iguazu River. The majority of the falls are about 64 metres (210 ft) in height. The most impressive of them all is the Devil’s Throat a U-shaped, 82 meter high (269 ft), 150 meter (492 ft) wide and 700 meter (2300 ft) long waterfall.
10. Angel Falls, Venezuela: Angel Falls or Salto Ángel is the world’s highest waterfall, dropping a total of 978 meter from the summit of the Auyan Tepuy, and with an 807meter uninterrupted drop. Because the falls are located in an isolated jungle region of Venezuela the only access to Canaima National Park, the gateway to Angel Falls, is by air.
Please leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts about these great waterfalls. Don’t forget to subscribe our RSS to receive latest updates delivered to your mailbox.