Marriage brings two people and family together, the couples share all their dreams, aspirations, emotions, finances etc together. Every married couple wishes to have a baby in due course to complete their family, and increases their sense of togetherness. But for some couples dreams are just dreams, they are not lucky to have a baby. Biological incapability of a person for conception is often referred as infertility. Infertility may also refer to the state of a woman who is unable to carry a pregnancy to full term. Infertility is also assigned to factors relating to non production of sperms or to other reasons relating to quality.
The doctors specializing in infertility considers a couple is infertile if :
- – the female is incapable of carrying a pregnancy to term.
- – the couple has not conceived after 12 months of contraceptive-free intercourse if the female is under the age of 34.
- – the couple has not conceived after 6 months of contraceptive-free intercourse if the female is over the age of 35 (declining egg quality of females over the age of 35 account for the age-based discrepancy as when to seek medical intervention).
Sub fertility :
When a couple has tried to conceive for an year but unable to do so is referred to as sub fertility . It is common in 3-5 % of couples.
Primary And Secondary Infertility:
When a couple is unable to unable to have a child ever is said to be primary infertile, while those who have conceived once and are unable to conceive again is said to be secondary infertile.
Determining Factors of Fertility :
- – Age of Couple : Age of couples is an important factor of conception. In women the perfect age for conceiving is before 30, after 30 the quallity of egg decreases. In men the age is before 40, as quality of sperm and sperm count decreases after40.
- – Frequency Of intercourse : Higher the frequency of intercourse , higher are chances of conception.
- – Trying time : Greater trying time without success reduces the chances of successful conception, thus a check should be kept.
Causes Of infertility :
Conception takes place due to healthy sperm, healthy ovum, and a healthy uterus. Reproductive health for both men and women is dependent on the health of reproductive tissues. In women the reproductive tissue creates the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and in men the semen is formed due to sexual stimulation.Listed below are some causes of infertility :
- – Under nutrition, poor digestion or obstruction due to toxins reduces fertility, as they restrict the nutrition to reach the reproductive tissues.
- – Spicy, salty and hot food increase pitta and destroys semen , thus avoid eating too spicy.
- – Impotency is caused by overindulgence in sexual activities.
- – Decreased libido is caused by controlling the sexual urge for longer duration.
- – Infection or trauma damages the reproductive tissues and leads to infertility.
- – Impotency may some time hereditary i.e acquired by birth.
- – Having sex by compulsion with the partner you don’t admire sometimes lead to infertility.
Common Causes Of Infertility :
- – Ovulation problem
- – Tubal blockage
- – Male associated infertility
- – Uterine problems
- – Previous Tubal Ligation
- – Previous Vasectomy
General Guidelines for Infertility :
- – Remove Weakness. Take proper care of yourself.
- – Digestive system should function properly.
- – Avoid stress, ensure nervous sytem remain relaxed and clam.
- – Make the spark of love lightened. Alaways remember being loving and loved is the best tonic for fertility.
- – Clear any obstructions or blockages
Do you have infertility problem or you know someone who have infirtility problem? Could you share your ideas, experiences with us. I would love your suggestion and ideas to enhance my spirits and act as an inspirstion for me.