Seventh Month Of Pregnancy: Unlike sixth month, in the seventh month of pregnancy, the baby’s movements will become slow as he or she feels restricted by the size of the uterus even though your uterus extended all the way above your navel. Your baby in this month can also detect light and darkness outside the womb as his/her eyes are wide open now and so you may see a difference in his/her sleeping and active intervals.
He/she can hear your heart beat and also the noises outside the womb. Talk to your baby and listen to music, many a times the baby will respond. You may already know the sex of your baby and if it’s a boy, the testes start descending this month. The brain and the body of the baby are together now development in sync.
Seventh Month Pregnancy – What to expect & symptoms
- The seventh month of pregnancy can cause worry in your mind about your baby birth as you are only two months away and clumsiness can drive you paranoid. Quit worrying as a lot babies born in this month have a good chance of surviving with medical science having advanced. The clumsiness is only given the shift in gravity as you are bigger than before, be patient adjusting to your body.
- Cramps and swelling around ankles is mainly due to water retention or lack of calcium. Your doctor will mostly put on pre natal vitamins to take care of this.
- You can experience added discomfort day by day with a stiff back, headaches or constipation. Consult your doctor about anything worry you. Try a pillow behind your back or sleeping on your side to relieve your backache.
- You may feel tightness around your abdomen sometimes. Referred to as Braxton Hicks, they are normal is the seventh month of pregnancy but if you get more than four in an hour; call your doctor immediately.
- Some pregnant women will notice the first milk starting to leak from their nipples. For those who don’t have this happening, it is nothing to worry about.
What you must do during the Seventh month pregnancy
Just like he/she detect sounds, the baby can feel your touch on the abdomen. Caress your abdomen and talk to your baby. Also ask the father to do so and show affection and love. Often your emotions and feelings are understood by your baby. Learn breathing exercises to ensure good amount of oxygen reaches the baby. Ensure good food intake. Do not worry about getting a little plump right now. Get enough sleep along with a good diet.
If you are a working woman and heavily pregnancy now, avoid being on your feet too much as you are bound to get tired easily. Consider applying for a maternity leave.
Avoid sexual intercourse in the last few months of pregnancy. Cleanse and massage breasts as well as it is considered good. Please leave me a comment and let me know your seventh month pregnancy experiences. Don’t forget to subscribe our RSS to receive latest updates.