Bathing Safety For Babies: Bathing your baby becomes a special responsibility often enjoyed by a new parents. Always stay within arm’s length of baby at all times. At any moment, do not take your eyes off baby. Since, there are many accidents have happened in the past which i have read in the newspapers i am going to write bathing safety for babies, newborns and toddlers.
You can use a bath seat which will give your child an added support while in the bathtub, but it will not protect the child from injury or drowning. Keep the following tips in mind while using a bath seat or bath ring.
Bath seats and bath rings should only be used with children who are capable of sitting upright unassisted.
Bathing Safety For Babies
Collect all bathing materials (soap, shampoo, cloth, comb) before bringing the baby into the bathroom. More bathing safety for babies below:
- Place bathing materials within hands’ reach of where you will be bathing baby. Be sure the bottom of the tub is clean and free of any soap residue.
- If the bath seat or bath ring has suction cups, make sure they adhere to the bottom of the tub. Pull up on the bath seat/bath ring to test.
- Never use a bath seat on textured or non-skid surfaces unless the manufacturer’s instructions specifically state the seat is intended for such surfaces.
- Place the bath seat in the tub so that baby cannot reach faucets or the spout.
- Never lift the bath seat or ring with your baby in it as he or she could fall out.
- After bathing, lift your child out of the seat or ring before removing it from the tub.
- If bath seat/bath ring moves or tips while baby is in it, discontinue use.
I hope these simple baby bathing safety tips will help you. Please let me a comment and share your own safety tips with us.