If you love the safari expedition and have the courage and time to visit few of the greatest safari destinations then the following list will help you in determining which are the best safari destinations across world and Africa. These safari destinations have to offer sights to the most famous five animals like Leopard, Lion, Cape Buffalo, Elephant and Rhino.
1. Chobe National Park, Botswana: Chobe National park lies in Botswana’s Okavango Delta and covers four distinct Eco-systems. Chobe National Parks is most famous for huge elephant population, figure suggest that there are more than 120,000 elephants in Chobe National Park.
2. Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe: Hwange National Park is one of Africa’s finest wildlife safari destinations which can offer sights of elephants, buffalos, zebras and has a very large concentration of giraffes. You can visit the park once Mugabe step down from the power.
3. South Luangwa National Park, Zambia: Located near Luangwa river, south Luangwa National Park house crocodiles and hippos. One of the best walking safari destination in Africa to track wild animals by foot with a guide.
4. Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya: Maasai Mara is a local Kenyan tribe which displays their unique living (you must have seen them on Discovery Channel) along with various wild animals like zebra, lions and leopards. Masai Mara is one of Africa’s most sought after safari destination.
5. Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana: Moremi reserve which covers one third of Okavango delta is home ot various wild animals and species. Not only you can see wildlife in abundance (hippos, crocodiles etc.) but also you can see the desert, delta, lagoons, pans, floodplains, woodlands and much more.
6. Kruger National Park, South Africa: Kruger National Park is the largest wildlife reserve in entire South Africa which is home to all the top wild animals i.e. Lions, Giraffe, Cheetah, Rihno and Buffalos. Those interested in driving by themselves, then this is your favorite safari destination. Being a very popular safari destination you can find luxury lodges, hotels and tented camps to enjoy with your family.
7. Amboseli National Park, Kenya: One of the popular Kenyan National Park which is home to several abundant wild animals. Amboseli National Park is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania.
8. Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania: Steep sides of cold crater caused due to volcanic eruption have become a natural home to various wild animals. If you want to see black rhino then you should visit this safari destination.
9. Serengeti National Park, Tanzania: Serengeti National Park is popular for wildlife migration of various wildlife beasts and over 200,000 zebras.
10. Etosha National Park, Namibia: Etosha National Park is centered around a vast salt pan which is usually dry and only fills with water briefly in the summer. This pan stimulates the growth of a blue-green algae which attracts thousands of flamingos. You can easily track wild animals including herds of zebra, wildebeest and antelope around the waterholes that border the pan.
11. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Uganda: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda is home to almost half of the world’s population of mountain gorillas. Besides offering a wonderful backdrop to Gorilla tracking, you can also see chimpanzees, and many other mammals.
12. Loango National Park, Gabon: Loango National Park in Gabon is famous because you can see whales, chimps, elephants and gorillas in one place. Moreover, Loango offers excellent sight seeing, beaches, Savannah, swamp and forests.
Please leave me a comment and share your experiences of visiting these excellent wildlife safari destinations. Don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS to recieve latest updates delievered to your email.