The new year is 2014, and we move forward toward a new beginning with the anticipation of positivity, warmth and love. The New Year season is a great time for everyone, during this time of togetherness, reconnecting with people and friends can be the best joy ever. But soon this come to an end, getting you back to your routine.
Dealing With New Year Blues
Here is how you can deal with new year blues
- Experiencing loneliness after get-togethers and events is very common, the key to alleviating those feelings are to admit and express feelings of loneliness and work on it.
- New Year blues also start with periods of inertia such as lying in bed, sitting and ruminating about the festivities gone by wallowing about the source of entertainment.
- Now is the time to internalize and focus on yourself and your goals. Learn to enjoy your own company.
- It’s the time of the year when you need to channelize your energy into something positive. So, practice positive thinking and remind yourself that you are a worthily person whatever you do. These positive feelings will help the process of change.
- Keeping a journal is also helpful, whether you simply write a few sentences about the day or several paragraphs. In future you will find that your journals will be helpful to look back.
- Spend quality time with family members. Probably watching a movie or going on an outing or for a quiet, peaceful dinner can do the magic. A sense of belonging-ness is enhanced.
- Most people feel new year blues because they lack control over situation, or because their goals at odds with their actions. Once you’ve identified the parts of your life that causes blues, redirect your attention to the things you can change and then take steps to change them.
- After seeing a situation through another person’s eyes, you will often find yourself capable of short-circuiting cynical beliefs before they generate the blues.
Tips For Being Happy This Year
- Gratitude is one of the most powerful attitudes that one can adopt. If you can create gratitude in any situation, its guarantee that you will be happy. Hug your spouse, Tell your child you love them. Be grateful for all the small things.
- Change Yourself : It can be difficult to change thing but it can be more difficult to change people. So, put your energy where you can make the difference. Change yourself by controlling yourself and not situations or people in your life.
- Spending time with silence each day is one of the most biggest steps towards giving up the relentless pursuit of happiness outside.
- Avoid constant arguments, let go off resentments and step in to build close relationships.
- Don’t be afraid of your emotions. Don’t fight them, run away from them and block them out. Welcome them; be with them, regardless of what they are. We were born with emotions. They are neither good nor bad, they just are.
- Most negative thoughts are base on a misinterpretation of the situation. If you feel negative, look around the situation. Try to shift your attitude to a more positive one.
- Finally its important to understand that you deserve happiness. Those who believe that they are not worthy of happiness may subconsciously sabotage their efforts to achieve happiness. If necessary tell yourself each day that you deserve to be happy and remind yourself what steps you will take to achieve the happiness you desire.
So, whats your way of defeating new year blues? Please leave us a comment and share your view with us.