Breast implant, breast augmentation, breast enlargement, mammoplasty enlargement, augmentation mammoplasty or boob job are all synonym to a cosmetic surgery done to reconstruct breast size and shape.
Breast augmentation is one of the most common surgery performed in United States. If you are thinking about breast implants and making up your mind for either saline-filled or silicone-gel-filled implants then there are number things you need to do when it comes to breast implant surgeries before and after.
Typically your doctor will advice and tell you do’s and don’t but there are certain tips which you can follow yourself before going for breast implant surgeries.
- Do not smoke or drink for a few days before your surgery and consult your doctor on the same. Smoking reduces oxygen which is widely responsible for healing. A healthy lifestyle should be maintained a few days before your surgery with some exercises to keep your ready.
- Excessive water intake is prohibited hence; do not drink the night before or in the morning. In case of any medication to be taken, swallow it with minimal amount of water.
- When going to the clinic for surgery make sure you dress in something that is loose and allows extra space and opens in the front. Carry very few and important things and have someone drive you back. In case of kids, arrange for someone to take care of them and have a friend or relative stay over for the first 24 to 48 hours after surgery. About any extra task, ask the doctor if you can indulge. Make life easy for the next two weeks and stock up.
- Remove any nail polish from your toes and fingers, the doctor who is monitoring the anesthesia would love that.
- Buy a few large bras for the size you will be and extra support but not necessarily sexy in the beginning as you want comfort. Also, in the days to come, wear loose and easy to wear clothing which does not require stretching.
- Nausea can threaten post surgery and hence, drink loads of water in the days before the surgery but also ask for medication which makes it go away from your surgeon. Make sure you keep your surgeon’s number handy all time. In case something feels uncomfortable apart from the usual post surgery symptoms, call your doctor.
- Your back might give you the trouble and hence, use lot of pillows or a hot bottle to ease your back.
- Buy some shea’s butter cream or moisturizing lotion for your breasts to rub on dry areas caused by stretching. Do not rub over an incision near the nipple until it has completely healed.
- Only cotton underwear is allowed to be worn during surgery. Any other material would be asked to remove along with any type of jewelry.
- Click pictures for the benefit of tracking your progress. Post surgery there are chances of swelling and pen marks on your breasts. Take the latter off with a lotion or nail polish remover without going over the incision. Avoid any liquid exposure to the incision to avoid infection or bacteria developing.
These are the most common tips which should be taken care of especially if you are going to breast implants. Please leave me a comment and let me know your ideas and experiences on breast augmentation surgery. Subscribe our RSS to receive latest Fitness & Health updates.